- How ready are you when the movers arrive?
- Are your belongings packed in stackable boxes?
- Can the truck park close to the house?
- What can be done to improve the access?
- Have you eliminated unwanted or excessive items?
Moving entails so much more than shipping your belongings from house to house. Use the following timeline to insure an easier moving experience.
4 Weeks Before the Move
- Call Abba Moving to schedule your move
- Tour your house and decide which items, if any, might be discarded donated. Consider a a garage sale.
3 Weeks Before the Move
- Arrange to have major appliances serviced before you move them
- Movers cannot take aerosols, flammables, corrosives or ammunition. Use them up or give them away. Propane tanks and lawn mower fuel must be emptied.
2 Weeks Before the Move
- Notify the Post Office and get change of address forms for each person receiving mail at your address. Notify subscription services of the address change.
- Protect your shipment from damage by disposing of cleaning fluids, acids, caustic drain
1 Week Before the Move
- Arrange cable TV disconnection.
- Arrange connection of utilities in your new home.
The Day Before the Move
- Defrost, clean and dry refrigerators.
The Day of the Move
- Strip the beds but leave them intact. The movers will dismantle them.
- Tour your home with the movers so they can assess the shipment and determine the most suitable routes from the house to the truck.
- Be available all day to answer questions, direct the placement of your furniture and boxes, sign the bill of lading, etc.