Click here to download the ‘Check List for Moving’.
PRIOR TO MOVE
- Empty trash-baskets, ashtrays, diaper pails.
- Make sure anything needed in-transit is separated.
- Put jewelry, coin collections, etc into your suitcase.
- Put birth certificates, hours & important papers into suitcase.
- Clean out refrigerator. Dispose of perishables.
- Take down anything nailed or screwed into walls.
- Dispose of flammables & combustibles: bleaches, paints aerosols.
- Computer: secure your hard-drive and disconnect.
- Empty: lawnmowers, radiators, tanks of fuel.
- Take draperies down and hang on hanger or fold.
- Complete our statement of customer responsibility.
- We cannot by law move plants to some states. For questions please feel free to call our office.
- Secure your pets.
- Make sure appliances, satellite, swing sets, pool tables, trampolines, etc have been disconnected by either yourself or a service company arranged.
- Remove snow from driveway and sidewalks. Salt if needed.
- Place your luggage and needed items in car or closet with a sign “don’t move”.
- Show crew the items in your home that need special attention or insurance.
- Give crew leader the filled out statement of customer responsibility.
- Before signing anything: walk through home and make sure all is loaded.
**If anything is left at residence, it is your responsibility**
**any discrepancies, note on inventory-or call our office**
- Secure pets, remove snow, plug in phone.
- Ask driver for copy of the inventory.
- Stand near doorway of your home and “check-off” items on inventory, as well as give general directions as to placement in your home.
- Once truck is empty, confirm all items received.
- Advise driver what, if anything needs to be unpacked. NOTE: unpacking is removing contents of cartons and placing on a designated surface.
- Open any box that had a high value item noted on statement on inventory.
**This document is the acceptable proof of missing items**
**Call our office immediately for a “tracer” and a claim form**
**Do not discard any item damaged*